Join Our Team
Deep seeks an experienced director of restorative practices and culture for designing, staffing, managing research, implementing, and evaluating the effectiveness of Deep’s work advocating for and supporting the adoption of restorative justice culture and practices throughout Savannah’s ecosystem of youth-serving systems and institutions, such as Savannah-Chatham County Public School System and Chatham County Juvenile Court. Deep’s Director of Restorative Practices and Culture is a salaried full-time position (40 hours/week) and reports to the Executive Director.
We are seeking an individual who possesses:
- Strong, compassionate leadership and interpersonal skills
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team of 3 or more
- Understanding of public schools and teacher learning, including how to communicate using the metrics and institutional language of public educators and how to create original curricula
- A deep commitment to supporting adult stakeholders to adopt humanizing, healing-centered restorative practices within their institutions
- Strong knowledge of research-based restorative-justice practices, social emotional learning, PBIS, and other effective strategies for improving climate and culture within public institutions
- Understanding of education justice and criminal justice reform movements, key issues these movements address, and typical reforms
- Confidence with program evaluation
- Comfort and skill interacting with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of institutional and community settings, from youth leaders to district superintendents to policymakers to juvenile court judges to parents to university researchers
- An assets-based framework for working with adults, youth, and families from diverse cultural backgrounds towards a more just and equitable world
- Understanding of social, economic, and cultural systems and how historical and contemporary structural injustices adversely affect some communities while benefiting others. The ability to think strategically at the systems level to identify and articulate equitable solutions is a must.
- Having an anti-racism lens, and an ability to talk fearlessly about race, class, gender, sexuality, migration, ability, and structural injustices
- A desire to be an active participant in an open and democratic work culture
- A commitment to Deep’s mission
Deadline to apply is February 5th, 2021.
To apply and see the full details of the position, including compensation and benefits, click HERE.