Join Our Team
Deep seeks an experienced manager of youth programs to support its efforts to empower Savannah’s young people to thrive as learners, community leaders, and agents of change. The Youth Programs Manager is a salaried full-time position (40 hours/week) based out of the Deep Center office, reports directly to the Director of Youth Programs, and is responsible for designing, implementing, and leading Deep’s introductory program, the Young Author Project.
We are seeking an individual who possesses:
- A commitment to social and economic justice regarding race, gender, sexuality, dis/ability, class, and age
- A familiarity and comfort with organization strategies that include both digital online and real-world
- At least 3-5 years experience managing staff toward ambitious goals and deadlines
- Experience with project-based or workshop-style, youth-centered learning
- Experience as a copywriter, copyeditor, and proofreader
- An assets-based understanding of the daily challenges faced by low-income people, especially communities of color
- An ability to work independently, navigate obstacles, discern priorities, meet competing deadlines, and handle multiple projects
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills
- Reliable transportation and is able to travel locally as needed on a regular basis
- Well-read in diverse literary genres and authors, especially those that reflect the experiences of Deep youth
- Warm and enthusiastic interpersonal skills
- A highly proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs, comfort with technology
- Nonprofit and/or teaching experience
- A familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and website updating a plus
- A desire to be an active participant in an open and democratic work culture
- A commitment to Deep’s mission
Deadline to apply is Thursday, October 1, 2020.
Check out all the details here.